Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Finishing Something I Started

I'd gotten out of the habit of having busy hands while I am watching TV. Actually, I was watching considerably less TV, but replacing it with time-wasting computer games. If I make something while I'm watching TV it's not 100% time wasted, but several hours of word or puzzle games produce nothing (other than perhaps a little brain exercise I could get elsewhere.)

I started this potholder in preparation for a cupcake-themed swap. Then when I was assigned my partner she didn't want anything remotely domestic. So the potholder was put away with the binding half-pinned, and I ordered a stuffed bunny holding a cupcake from an eBay seller in Australia. This pink and brown potholder does nothing for my pine, gold and white kitchen-in-progress, but just on its own, I'm quite pleased with it:
Cupcake Completed
It's all hand done, and I even made a batch of cupcakes to coordinate with it (though James did ask me why they were pink.)

In other news, Audrey is coming home late tonight from her trip to Maui. John is also vigorously planning our upcoming family vacation. I seriously doubted the fun of a 2 1/2 week family road trip the first time we did it two years ago, and it ended up being great---one of the best vacations ever. This year he wants to add the two dogs and a 30 year old travel trailer, and I have my doubts. I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. I really, truly, sincerely hope I'm wrong.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

love that potholder. I really have to learn how to sew...

6:47 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

the potholder is great! you did an awesome job- and the cupcake looks so tasty! i miss swapping. you need to give me a heads-up on the next one :D
the vacation is going to be fabulous! you know you wouldn't want to leave those furbabies behind. fun fun :D

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home