Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday

About 5:00 AM I woke up with my part of my body hanging out of bed and one of the dogs pushing up against me. Pushing back didn't get me more space on the bed, and I was fairly awake, so I grabbed my book and headed out to the couch. Before I had myself settled I had both dogs on the couch with me, and one of the cats followed. I'm doomed to be crowded by animals. I read for a while, and about the time I was ready to put the book down and take a nap, John called to me and said it was time for him to get ready for work. So I got up and ironed, made tea, toasted and buttered his English muffin. After driving him to work I stopped by Fred Meyer and bought the paper, a 2 lb.brick of Tillamook cheddar and coffee. Typical Sunday, though I like it better when John is at home.

When Audrey got up she started talking about projects, projects like cutting out and sewing a red corduroy jumper she's been wanting to make. That sounded like work, so I suggested we make the sugar cookies I had mixed and chilled the dough for last week. So here's the finished product:

Sherry 027

It was fun. I'm less of a control freak than I used to be, 'though it's still hard for me not to take over the project myself and make every single turkey as perfect and as alike as the rest of the turkeys as possible. But then I would have missed out on the paisley turkey, and the autumn leaf turkey, and that would have been too bad.

James got up, announced he had a sore throat and to get him when lunch is ready. Then he went back to his lair to play WOW (World of Warcraft.) He's a level 31 orc and just got his steed. I forget what it is. I want to say it's a giant turkey---but I'm pretty sure that's wrong.

Our giant turkey (16 lbs.) is thawing in the 'fridge. We are having a "just-us" family Thanksgiving/John's B-day and I'm planning it to be low-key and nice. All I have left to do is buy vegetables, cook, and do the dishes. John said we can put the birthday candles on the pumpkin pie if anyone insists on candles. That's silly, of course we will insist on candles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home