Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Afghans For Afghans

Finished! And due today (so lets hope that deadline had some wiggle-room built in to it.)

Sherry 005

I started this in August during the Olympics. I had no illusion of finishing it by the closing ceremony (okay, maybe I did for a little while,) but it did take longer than I expected. It is the biggest project I've ever made and it is done, done, done.

The varigated yarn is Moda Dea "Cartwheel" I found at Joanne's for $1.49/skein. The other two shades of solid gray are Paton's Classic Wool. Afghans for Afghans requires wool content in their donations because it is warm, and warm when wet. This is for the youth drive, for kids 7 through 14 who are separated from their parents and at a refugee camp.

Here is the afghan at Lake Sacajawea:

Sherry 004

I'm very pleased. The yarn is soft, the pink is vibrant against the grays. I hope the girl who gets it likes it as much as I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home