Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Resolution #1

Finish what I start.At least most of what I start.

Irish Hiking Scarf/Harwood Steiger

This is my primary project right now. It's the Irish Hiking Scarf from Hello Yarn in Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk. I have just finished skein number 2 out of 5, and I'm still loving the cables and loving the yarn, even though I can't believe I'm knitting another flippin' scarf. (I also just finished something for a swap, which I won't show you until I give the recipient a chance to see it first.)

Finishing projects will be easier with this Christmas present from my husband, who believes in having the right tool for the job:

Knit Picks Options

He also gave me these rosewood beauties:

Rosewood Crochet Hooks

I do not understand entirely what happens to colors in digital photos sometimes. All three pictures were taken against the same piece of vintage silk screened Harwood Steiger fabric from eBay, and it's most definitely blue, not beige.

I have already started the New Year with plumbing situation, the kind requiring an $80/10 minute plumber's visit, and several days of basement clean-up. I am preferring to think of it as being good to have over with this early in the year, rather than taking it as a prediction of how the year is going to go. Knock on wood.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

I just love interchageble needles! But be forewarned, you might get a bad case of the starts if you're not careful! I eagerly bought a set of the Denise needles for travel. Now, I have no idea where any of them are - all buried in WIPs!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home