Thursday, December 28, 2006

Weird MeMe

Dec. Oak Leaves

Deborah tagged me for a MeMe over at her fabulous blog. I'm supposed to come up with six weird facts. Weird isn't a problem. Weird AND interesting is more of a challenge. With Deborah having snuck into the Jackson 5's hotel and ending up in Michael's room, the bar is set pretty high. But here goes:

I can crack eggs one handed, not only one-handed, but FAST. I would love to say it comes from my professional cooking days, but it doesn't. My step-dad envisioned a retirement as a hobby-farmer and we had 100 chickens and an awful lot of barn cats when I was in high school. One of my chores was to scramble a few dozen eggs for the cats every afternoon when I came home from school, and I got pretty good at it. Later, when I did work in a restaurant, I was the only one-handed egg-cracker in the whole kitchen.

I once rode the world's tallest Ferris Wheel with all of Kiss. They were playing at the Arizona State Fair sometime in the 70's when I was a kid. They were in full costume and make-up. I had NO IDEA who they were at the time. I stared. Gene Simmons stuck his tongue out at me. Terrifying at the time, but it's the stuff memories are made of.

I was sewn into my wedding dress. No zipper. Heck, 17 years later it STILL doesn't have a zipper. I made it myself, and it wasn't quite done on the big day. John's step-mom Connie was not only a home seamstress of some experience, but had also been a dental assistant extraordinaire (She got to work on Bill Murray during the filming of Stripes)and she just whip-stitched me up the back and off I went. John cut me out with a seam-ripper sometime between the reception and the post-reception reception. (Note to any not-yet-marrieds---skip the post-reception reception if you don't want to spend your wedding night driving home drunk people.)

So far so good, but now I'm really having to thing about this. . .I don't suppose the story about my son getting bitten by a zebra counts because it wasn't me. Hmmmm. . . .

I've ridden a camel and an elephant and been licked by a giraffe.

My mother (who was a single mom at the time) had to give away a pedigreed Golden Retriever puppy because I was terrified of it when I was four. I never really wanted a dog until a couple of years ago when I ceased having baby-lust (the urge to have another baby) and started having puppy-lust. That has gotten me into all kinds of trouble.

Now I'm wishing that I had saved that Kiss story for the end, because all I can think of is that I don't like bananas or avocados because I think the texture is weird. Lame, but true.

The last part of this MeMe is I'm supposed to tag another 6 people. So if you need some blog-fodder, this is a fun one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

Dude, the Kiss/ferris wheel thing - I swear that was a scene in Detroit Rock City, no?

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home