Monday, December 11, 2006

Suddenly I Got Stupid. . .

At least that what the cat thinks. The day before yesterday I was perfectly capable of opening the door and letting him outside, and now nothing. No matter how many times he asks, how loud he yells, or how carefully he enunciates, he's not getting outside. Not only that, but it's catching, and no-one else is opening the door for him, either. It's hard to explain to a cat that one festering neck wound and a $430 vet bill will keep him inside for a couple of weeks. But that's the way it works. It's even worse than that, actually. He was going to get to stay home while we are in Texas for Christmas, and now he has to board at the vet so he can get his drainage tube out and have his antibiotic every day. Bummer.

Our own CSI experts determined that the estimated time of death of the 'possum was considerably before the cat came home wounded, and the 'possum was not the perpetrater of the neck wound. Though it's still quite possible that Bob dragged the 'possum home to share from somewhere else. He's that kind of cat. One week I was gifted with mice at all three doors to the house. He's very generous that way.

I knit today at the dentist's office. My Meunsch "Touch Me" rayon/wool chenille was much admired. I'm going back on Friday for some air abrasions and sealant, that will give me some more knitting time. Mostly I enjoy going to the dentist because it's guilt-free sitting time. Right now John and I are trying to sort out who spends the money that got socked away in the medical flexible spending account that has to be used by the end of the year. John wanted lasik eye surgery, but he is having trouble getting in to have it done before the end of the month. That could mean I get to spend it. Normally I don't object at all to spending money. But this means I would get my wisdom teeth out, which I've been avoiding for the last 5 years, because I'm a big chicken. A really big chicken.

Speaking of chicken, I have dinner to fix. Which isn't chicken, but sloppy joes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

GD Fex accounts, what a racket. I gave up on them because, because, well we always forgot. Yeah, pets. Why aren't pets allowed on the flex account? Or exterminators for that matter.

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home