Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving. . .

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! The turkey is in the oven, it smells just like it is supposed to. I'm taking a break from cuddling on the couch with the husband and watching BSG 2.5 to jot down a quick post.

On Thanksgiving, and other times, I have a lot of things to be thankful for; one of which is that both my kids are healthy. There are a lot of bad things that can happen to kids, and so far (knock on wood) we've managed to dodge all the big ones. Not everyone is that lucky. So this Thanksgiving I'm putting aside my regularly scheduled knitting (a ribbed scarf out of soy/wool) to work on this:

Squares for Warming Kaitlyn

Ariane is collecting 5" knitted squares to make a blanket for Kaitlyn, a darling little girl with A.L.L. (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.) You can see Ariane's "Warming Kaitlyn" page here: http://wicked_stitches.typepad.com/project_warming_kaitlyn/ (yeah, I know, I really need to learn how to do the html code for links.) Or you can read Kaitlyn's parents blog at http://www.kaitlynsjourney.com. It's about taking a little bit of time to show some love. (Speaking of which. . .it's back to the husband on the couch for me!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home