Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Be Careful What You Ask For. . .

Because you just may get it. Yikes. I'm getting puppies. Puppies. I've been looking at pound puppies for years, showing them to my husband, "Aren't they cute? Don't you think we should get one?" and he's never said "yes" before. Now all of a sudden I am the proud adoptive parent to be of not one, but two little girls who will be arriving at our house somewhere around August 30. I'm excited. They are darling. But, oh my. Oh dear. Puppies!

I have officially unpacked all the luggage from the trip to Maui. Other than a broken baggy of sand that got all over one of the duffle bags (don't ask me why there was a baggy of sand in my luggage, I have kids, that's why there was a baggy of sand in my luggage. The mother sitting next to me on the plane had a 4 foot long piece of bamboo for the same reason.) there weren't any causualties, except I never did find that dang USB cable for the camera. I've been to two camera stores, a variety store and Radio Shack today looking for a replacement with no luck. Shoot. So for now I'm stuck with a clunky universal card reader, which is stupid, because I have all the slots EXCEPT the one I need built into the front of the my computer. Ironic, huh?

Anyway, here are a couple of more pictures from our vacation:

Cliffs and SurfMaui 013

The beach on the bottom is Fleming Beach Park, which was voted best beach for 2006 by whoever it is that votes on such things. I prefer Big Beach in Makena for a sandy beach, but that's just me. There was a group at Fleming Beach with a traditional Hawaiian canoe, which is in the picture. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home