Friday, July 28, 2006

Now I can pursue my dream of being a psychic

Your Aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life.You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships.
The purpose of your life: showing love to other people
Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah
Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor

The Yarn Harlot was in Mesa, Arizona yesterday, and had a terrific post about it. I was born in Mesa and most of the my extended family still lives there. I spent 8.5 years of my adult life in Phoenix, before moving up to the NW. I miss my friends and family. I don't miss the heat. I don't miss the way it largely looks like the surface of the moon. I don't miss the traffic or the pollution.

When John was still in medical school in Kentucky we watched Kindergarten Cop, and I can distinctly remember telling John it was gorgeous where the movie was made, and I wanted to live there. Later when we lived in Phoenix and took our first trip to the Pacific Northwest we went to Astoria, Oregon where Kindergarten Cop and The Goonies were filmed. We decided we didn't necessarily want to live in Astoria, but we fell in love with the region. We took a couple more vacations up here, and decided this is where we wanted to relocate and put down roots. I love living in my favorite vacation spot. After 5.5 years I'm still infatuated and continue to be amazed A) that it's as beautiful as it is, B) that I actually live here, and C) that everyone else doesn't live here, too (let's face it, Phoenix is too hot for human habitation.)

We are getting ready to visit our friend Missy, who also moved to her favorite vacation spot. The difference is she was from here (well, Kelso) and moved to Maui. She seems to be just as happy with her decision as we are with ours. We are looking forward to seeing her and her family, and getting a taste of her favorite places.

In getting ready for the trip there's been a lot of laundry, shopping for socks and sunscreen and planning, and not much else. I do have great plans for the vacation, though. I mean to use all of these:

Postcard Stamps

I want to knock out a scarf for the Pink Scarf Project:

Yarn for Pink Scarf Project

I want to work on this (which I had originally intended to be a bookmark, but changed my mind):

Shamrock Filet

And back in June when Vicki at Turkey Feathers began "Finish What You Start" I had intended to work on this:

Dresser Scarf

This is the dresser scarf I bought at an antique store which started a vintage-embroidery-to-finish buying frenzy which has yet to yield any finished objects. Someone had started it with HUGE stitches in orange. I've made a good start on the other side:

Dresser Scarf

It looks to me like the perfect sitting on the beach activity. Now, if I can just convince the family a good vacation should include some sitting, I'll be in good shape. I'm predicting a very good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home