Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Meme

Okay, Suse over at Pea Soup did a cool meme, and I thought about doing it too, but then Alison at 6.5 Stitches did this one and said "anyone else stuck inside on a cold wet windy day" should do it, I decided I definitely qualify for that. We are having RAIN here. Serious RAIN. Record-breaking RAIN, which considering this is the Pacific Northwest, is saying something. We had 4.04 inches yesterday, beating out the 3.94 inches one day in 1962. Fortunately with all the work the Army Corps of Engineers did on our rivers when they flooded after Mt. St. Helens erupted, and the diligence of city workers in keeping the storm drains working, we're safe and dry, even though our county is one that the Governor has declared to be in a state of disaster. I'm thankful.

1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?

Jack Whyte has some honking long paragraphs, there are actually only 2 paragraphs that begin on page 4 in "Uther:" As it turned out, however, and despite what the elderwives might mutter during their shadowy gatherings, Tamara was unfortunate in that she bore no twins. Instead, she bore one single, monstrous lump of a boy who tore her cruelly while forcing his way, a month and more before his time, out of her small body." OUCH!

2. If you stretch out your left arm - as far as possible, what are you touching?

A bookcase. Pretty much if you stretch out your arm in any room at our house you'll be touching books.

3. What's the last program you watched on tv?


I watched the news this morning, but that's not really a program, is it? I watched "Heroes" last night, and I'm hoping there's a new "Veronica Mars" tonight.

4. Without looking, guess what time it is.

11:45. I'm late, as usual. It's 11:52.

5. Except the computer, what can you hear right now?

Rain, guinea pigs drinking, the cat purring, the refrigerator.

6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?


I drove the kids to school and dropped my husband off at the hospital this morning.

7. What are you wearing?

(Ummmm. Can I go change real quick?) Blue fleece pajama pants and a cream cotton tank top.

8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?

I usually don't remember my dreams. Last night is a blank. The night before I had a pretty vivid one about Taco Bell messing up my order at the drive through window.

9. When was the last time you laughed?

I had a good laugh yesterday afternoon. I had a van-ful of neighborhood kids (James, Audrey, and 4 of James's buddies) that I was giving a lift home from school, and I was deflating a helium balloon to get it out of the way, so I took a big snort of helium and sang "Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens" to an appreciative audience. It was very silly and we were all giggling. (I sound much better on helium. Sigh.)

10. What's on the walls, in the room you're in right now?

A couple of prints of altered photographs of Parisian doorways, and a bulletin board that could do with some clearing off.

11. Have you seen anything strange lately?.

A boy (10-12 years old, I think) in the grocery checkout line demonstrated his hopping abilities, asked me if I knew he weighed 182.5 pounds (sadly appeared to be true,) and sang the "Mario Anthem" (from the video game--no words--just "doo, doo, doo, doo") for me. That was unusual. I humored him.

12. What do you think about this meme?

It’s a fine meme.

13. What's the last film you saw?

"Flushed Away." Good fun. Excellent way to waste a couple of hours.

14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?

Get a bigger house and hire staff. Remember Mr French on "Family Affair?" I need a Mr. French to keep house and tell me when appointments are. I'm a lot of wonderful things but I'm a dismal housekeeper and horrendous with appointments. And bills. He'd have to pay the bills, too. I'd have a sewing room, a papercraft room and a dark room. I'd replace the minivan. I would let my husband quit his job, and I'd buy him the bar he's always talking about, the one he wants to own so his band can play in it. I'd hire staff for him, too, but Mr. French is mine. I'd make sure all the extended family was comfortable. I'd start a huge solar energy farm in Arizona or New Mexico. I'd grant large chunks of money to the local school system with lots of strings attached. I'd travel. And I'd tip really, really well.

15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don't know.

I'm a dismal housekeeper. . . no, wait. . . as much as I try to keep that a secret, lots of people know that. . . .Hmmmm. I don't like winter squash, not even pumpkin pie.

16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt - what would it be?

Ending poverty is political? Or not? If ending poverty doesn't count, I'd say to have intelligence valued as much as sporting ability.

19. What do you want your children’s names to be, girl/boy?

We've got James Christopher and Audrey Elizabeth, though originally we had planned to have four children (but then we had two and realized we had our hands quite full), and the other two were going to be Sharilyn Paige and Something Alexander.

17. Do you like dancing?

Sure, when other people do it well, or when I think no-one is looking.

18. George Bush?

Horrors. Some of my best friends are Republicans, and we get along by being very ladylike and not discussing politics or religion. I won't elaborate.

20. Would you ever consider living abroad?

Yes. We're hoping to have a year in Australia in a few years with the kids.

21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven?

Hmmm. I'd like to hear something like "Nicely done," but it would probably be more like "Hah, see, I told you so."

22. Who should do this meme?

Anyone needing blog fodder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home