Monday, June 26, 2006

Our House

House

This is a picture I took of our house earlier this spring (see how the maple branch on the right doesn't have leaves on it and the rhodies are blooming?) It is a circa 1927-1929 Tudor cottage allegedly built for the first mayor of our town. We aren't on Longview's Lake Sacajawea, but if you stand in the front yard you can see the north end of it. I fell in love with it's Tudor cuteness the first time I saw it on an internet real estate site before we ever visited Longview. It is not the most practical house for us, since the living space is about 1,100 square feet and we are all stuff people, but it is cute, and the location is terrific. Some of our neighbors call it "Snow White's Cottage," still more cuteness. For all it's charm and small size, I still get kind of overwhelmed knowing there are 5 gallon buckets of paint on the back porch waiting for "us" to paint it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Inanna said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Inanna said...

I absolutely LOVE your home. It's so sweet and perfect. I'm sure you're very happy there.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home