Friday, February 13, 2009

Val-Grams

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Today (Friday) was my very last stint of selling candy-grams at the middle school. Words cannot express what a big "YAY!!!" this is for me.

I didn't take a picture of this year's edition (Necco conversation hearts, a Hershey Kiss, a Dum-Dum, a heart sticker, and a fancy Valentine pencil all wrapped in cellophane and tied with ribbons,) so I'm recycling last year's picture, but I brightened it up with Picnic (the photo editing software at Flickr, which I think I love.)

Valentine Grams

We made over 600 and sold every one.

The parts of Audrey's hair that were green are now pink for Valentine's Day. I will have to get a picture of her. After a couple of hours bleaching the tips and applying the color, I tried to talk her into a pink T-shirt to match, and she said "no thank-you, I don't like pink." (?????) "But you just dyed your hair pink!" says I. "That's different," says Audrey, "hair is temporary, but a T-shirt lasts forever." (??????)

Audrey is at the Valentine's dance until four o'clock this afternoon. Then I am supposed to take all her and all her "single" friends (those who did not go to the dance with a boy) to El Charito's for drinks. Virgin pina coladas and strawberry margaritas. I may even have one myself. After all, I'm celebrating. ("I don't have to do Val-grams, I don't have to do Boo-grams, I don't have to be PTO president next year, Tra la la la la la" sung roughly to the tune of "We are looking for Blue's Clues.")

And as an aside to those of you who know Audrey. . . she found out there's a boy at school who has liked her for a couple of months (a big deal in middle-school-time,) and his last name is Drake, and his friends call him "Ducky" (For those of you who don't know Audrey, this is funny, because Audrey has amassed a huge rubber duck collection over the last 6 years.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home