Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Socks!!!

I made my first socks!!

First Socks! Far-Away Baby Socks A4A

The pattern is Amber Wards' "Ribbed Far-Away Baby Socks," and I made them for the Afghans for Afghans spring campaign. The yarn is a wool/bamboo blend

I tried a couple of other patterns, but this one looked more satisfactorily sock-y to me. I've read that turning your first heel is a magic moment. I don't know that I felt the magic--but there's been a lot of first sock dancing going on.

Audrey has been in bed since President's Day with a very bad cold. At least 3 of her friends have been out of school, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Cool socks! I am not a good knitter. I always loose track of stitches.
I'm Stacey your swap partner. I've been gathering up fun things for your package, but will need your adress to get it sent to you.
You can contact me at:
stroth83@hotmail.com

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home