Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Knitting, What Knitting?

I got a kit for making these little origami stars a while back. I couldn't figure out how to make them. My excuse is that the bulk of the instructions were in Korean. Somehow the kit migrated out to the computer desk recently (most things in our household do seem to make it out to the computer desk at some point--it's like a pilgrimage, I think,) and it was taunting me in that millions-of-Asian-schoolchildren-can-make-me-but-you-can't sort of way. So I Googled. I folded. I pinched. And VOILE, STARS!

Origami Lucky Stars

Theoretically if you make a wish while you fold them, when you get a thousand of them your wish comes true.

I'm not aspiring to a thousand. But the somewhat mindless repetition is meditative (Wax on, wax off.) I've got more paper on the way.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

BRILLIANT. Dulaan it shall be. I'm just about done with it, I got a lot of time with it during physical therapy with the same no knit basketball boy.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

these are so neat! they look tiny. what a fun little collection :D

2:44 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

what a fun little picture. girlie and i love origami - or she loves to make me do it which is fine. ill have to look for that one - they look so cute all together

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home