Monday, August 21, 2006

Care to smell my weasel?

My cousin Donna is visiting and we have been busy, primarily with getting my house puppy-proofed, though we did manage to fit in a field trip to Shipwreck Beads (which claims to have the world's largest selection of beads.) Yesterday we ran a couple of errands, and paid a visit to the local Pier 1 Imports while waiting for my pharmacist to return from lunch. They were running a sale in which I could have 20% off any item of my choice (including sale items!) This is very cool, I wish all stores met me at the door and offered me 20% off the item of my choice. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything that I really, truly desired or needed. I did see some interesting things. The one that tickled me was the scented candle named "Sable."

Most candle scent names at Pier 1 and elsewhere reflect the actual scent, like "Spiced Pear" or "Cranberry Citrus," but "Sable?" Pardon me, but a sable is an animal. Would you really want to scent your home with whiffs of warm weasel?

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

HAH! you almost made me spit my coffee - and it's the good stuff, id've (yes, this is a real word in Texas) been mad....
you are too funny wiff of warm weasel!!

ya know what? the last time i was at pier1, i walked out with nothing... odd. what's going on?!?

4:56 AM  
Blogger aj said...

That reminds me of a can of air "freshener" my grandpa had. I think it was a gag gift from a friend, but it was called "Bull Sh*t" and it smelled like dung when sprayed.

Nastiness! When good old granddad was feeling especially devilish, he'd go get that can and threaten to spray us kids with it. EW.

Hmmm.. a candle in the scent of a worm weasel. Maybe that's why no one is buying things at Pier 1 anymore? Maybe they've finally gone off the deepend from ecclectic to just plain insane.

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home