Friday, May 25, 2007

Deadline

Today is the deadline for the Mother's Day project at Afghans for Afghans, and I've still got another foot to go on my baby blanket. Sigh. For anyone not familiar with Afghans for Afghans, it's an organization which collects handmade blankets, hats, sweaters, etc. to send to Afghanistan to warm people against the bitter cold. Warmth is the main goal, and densely worked wool in colors that won't show soiling are preferred. I didn't make this deadline, but I'm not allowing myself to start another project until it's finished, and they will most certainly be able to use it in the future.
Sherry 324
I really don't know WHAT got into me when I picked the colors. I at least have an excuse for the chevrons---all that single crochet is thick and heavy. But the hot pink and turquoise? I can only blame a limited selection of the affordable Paton's Classic Wool at Michaels, and a desire for bright, youthful colors---though in retrospect, a heather gray with a blue stripe would have been preferrable,maybe. It's been slow going, I can only get 3 or 4 rows done in an hour, and I'm really regretting that hot pink, but did I mention that it's WARM?

1 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

Hey you, stop being so critical of your color selection. Have you seen the bright and wild colors in their traditional clothing? You can throw in a few more colors and still be en vogue!

I'm sure whoever gets to wrap this beauty around them will feel the warmth of your good karma!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home