Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Maying

I'm having trouble coming up with a title for this post. It may be the White Russian, but mostly I think it's that I'm overextended. It's Teacher Appreciation WEEK here, and I am our designated PTO Teacher Appreciator. Today I did a chocolate fountain for the two lunch periods in the the Staff Dining Room (aka Teachers' Lounge.) For the record, even though it goes against all your insticts, yes, you really do need to add all that vegetable oil it says to in the directions that came in the chocolate fountain to get it to flow properly (yuck.) That was the one and only hitch in the maiden voyage of the chocolate fountain. I provided strawberries, marshmallows, pretzels, Sara Lee pound cake, Rice Krispie Treats, graham crackers, bananas, Oreos, and those new Keebler cheesecake sandwich cookies. It went over very well, and my next participation in the observation of appreciating teachers isn't until Thursday, when I'm supposed to produce a bunch of homemade cookies, followed by a luncheon on Friday.

James is running track and he came in NOT-LAST in hurdles today (WHOO HOO!!) Let's not talk about the 800 meters. Audrey is playing soccer and back in school after a bout with general viral crud she generously shared with me. Meaning that I'm doing all that teacher appreciating under the influence of cold medicine (never White Russians during the day.)

My only current project is this:

Afghan for Afghan (Baby)

It's a baby blanket for Afghans for Afghans that I am crocheting furiously in hopes of getting it off before the current May 25 deadline. It's wool. It's not light colored. Its the last thing I ever make in colors I don't like. That hot pink and turquoise is just not floating my boat and it's making it a little bit of a chore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home