Wednesday, February 28, 2007

OH, HELP!

I'M BEING HELD CAPTIVE IN MY OWN HOME AND FORCED TO DO HOUSEWORK!

Okay, actually I'm only getting much-wanted house guests, and having to do some much-needed housework, but it really is NO FUN. So don't send in the police, they would just take one look at the house and issue me one of those house-arrest ankle bracelets until I pass some sort of inspection.

My cousin Donna came to visit last week, and helped me a lot. The weather was uncooperative, and our one major trip out of town resulted in absolutely nothing. It was funny, we drove an hour and a half to go to a nursery for blueberry bushes, and after getting lost and adding another half hour to the trip---THE ROAD WAS CLOSED AND WE COULDN'T EVEN GET THERE. So we headed off to another nursery we passed on the way which had a big sign that said "Blueberry Bushes," only to have them close the gate and put out the "Closed" sign just as we pulled into the driveway at 3:20 in the afternoon. Seriously, who closes at 3:20 in the afternoon? It was such a misadventure it was funny--but I still don't have the blueberry bushes.

I had a black eye for a week from falling down the stairs, but the bruises are all fading and other than a big lump on my shin all the physical effects are gone. I don't recommend falling down stairs. And if you have to fall down stairs, do it someplace where there is cushy carpet at the bottom, not a hard concrete basement floor.

Back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home