Monday, February 05, 2007

Caldonia!

I have not been doing much crafting. Acutally the two trips to the vet left my hands bruised from two STRONG dogs pulling on their leashes, and I haven't been in much of a handiwork mood.

I picked up the dogs on Friday and they were supposed to stay mellow and dopey. They had just had their spaying surgery and were not supposed to do ANY jumping---not even up on the furniture (though this almost caused me to have a most unseemly outburst of laughter right in at the front counter of the vets' office.) Well, Callie-Dog said "Hah! We'll see about that!" And her first afternoon post-op she jumped the 6 foot tall back fence for the first time. Audrey was walking down the alley on her way to a friend's house, and if one of her people was on the other side of the fence, that's where she wanted to be, too.Sigh. Here's a favorite picture of mine of Callie from the archives. She's so much bigger now.

Callie Pulling My Hair

Callie is the athlete of the two (though they are both lean and muscular,) and Cozy is the brains (we suspect she's plotting to take over the world.)

My charming neighbor has asked me to keep them in on Wednesday afternoon, as she has someone coming to look at their house to buy it, and she doesn't want them scared off by the dogs. Sigh. Number one, it's not going to help her that we had to go and tack up a two-foot extention on our back fence which I don't think the potential buyer could miss. . ."So why do the next door neighbors need an 8 foot fence?" (John has told a couple of people that we are getting a cut on our property tax to house low risk overflow prisoners from the county jail.) Number two, they are only 7 months old (just big puppies,) though they have lots of energy (backed by all that muscle,) and their manners aren't very good (although they've had 6 weeks of obedience classes and will sit like a dream, providing you are holding a dog biscuit.)

I have scary, 50-lb lap-dogs and an 8 foot back fence.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

HAH! i can't believe she jumped the fence!! crazy girl

3:07 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I love dogs, too bad I'm allergic!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home