Friday, September 08, 2006

Yarn Harlot

Yarn Harlot Portland

I went to see THE YARN HARLOT on Wednesday. It was fun seeing Stephanie, she comes across in person precisely as she comes across on her blog or in her books, an enthusiastic knitter with a good sense of humor and a way with words, who happens to be a very nice, down-to-earth sort of person. It was already standing room only when I got to Powell's Home & Garden, though as it got later and people started condensing and scooching together I was able to snag a slightly less obstructed view from my place behind the table of Asian-themed merchandise. Stephanie talked until 20 minutes before closing, so I opted to leave, rather than getting in line to get my book signed. But I had a couple of things I would have liked to have told her. One was just a message from John, who wanted her to know that my guitar-playing husband who doesn't intend to knit anything, ever, enjoys reading her blog, and would have been there if he hadn't had to run soccer practice. The other was that when her daughter had hit her up for a puppy, I was one of many people who left the "Awwww, get the kid a puppy!" comment, and now, having puppies, and feeling ever so much wiser on the subject, I would now defer to any reservations she might have about adding a puppy to her household.

Speaking of puppies, today was the first day my girls figured out how to get up and over the side of their puppy-pen. They are VERY PROUD of this accomplishment (I'm sure you can picture their bright shiny faces as they greet me from the outside of the pen, with great big "look what we can do" grins, and a half inch of guinea pig bedding spread on the living room rug.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home